Hey, do you want something Steamy?
Melt away those winter blues with a big bowl of some steaming hot SOUP!
Our favourite is a good ol’ fashioned pumpkin soup. Here's our recipe adapted from Donna Hay's recipe.
What you'll need:
- 1.5kg Butternut Pumpkin (squash), halved and seeds removed
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 onions, halved
- 1 bulb garlic
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Grounded Nutmeg, a pinch
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Drizzle of honey
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- Single (pouring) cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the pumpkin, onion (cut-side up), and the garlic on a lightly greased large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 hour - 1 hour 10 minutes or until onion is caramelised and pumpkin is soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin into a large saucepan. Remove the onion and garlic from their skins and add to the pan.
- Add the stock and water. Using a hand-held stick blender, blend the soup until smooth. Place the soup over high heat and bring to the boil to warm through. Drizzle the honey and splash in the Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with pepper, nutmeg and drizzle with cream (if using) to serve.
Make it plant based, healthy and nourishing OR make it creamy, indulgent and comforting.
You decide… But whatever you do, serve your steaming hot soup in our Rustic Wooden Jujube Bowls. Superb insulators and for keeping things hot. Cup those smooth, curvy brown bowls in the palm of your hands. Mmmmm... Natural. Biodegradable. Sustainable. Now that’s beautiful.
Light up a fire and gather with your loved ones on our Aztec Picnic Blanket as this recipe serves 6! And maybe, things will get even more steamy afterwards… once the kids are in bed and the cleaning is all done >,<
Love Sun Sand Sky